Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot Networking Security Appliances, IPS/IDS, NAC, Switches/Routers Security domain for multi-vendor OEM products both on-prim & in all private/public cloud.
- Prepare, Plan & Implement the Security Infrastructure as per the Design guidelines
- Prepare, Plan & Implement the wired & WLAN Infrastructure Security, 802.1x Implementation using MS agent/agentless & Monitoring as per the Design guidelines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PKI/CA for wired/wlan 802.1x implementation & management
- Manage SOC to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes
- Maintain Security Management Systems (Panorama/FCM) etc.
- Maintain network security solutions including Physical Firewall Appliances, Virtual Firewalls, Public Cloud Security Appliances, SD-WAN Deployments, IPS/IDS’s, NAC, Security Management Servers & Application, Security Monitoring & Reporting
- Provide effective 2nd line support to the Help Desk and receive and respond to incoming calls, alerts, and/or e-mails regarding network security or performance problems.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex network problems and recommend and implement corrective network hardware and software solutions, including off-site repair.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network security improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Support development and implementation of networking & security projects and new technology installations.
- Conduct research on network security products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network/security hardware procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend for purchase networking/security hardware and software products.
- Write technical specifications for purchase of security hardware and software products.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all warranty & support contracts and supervise contract-based installations for all security related domain.
- Practice asset management, including maintenance of security domain component inventory.
- Prepare, maintain, and adhere to procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring network security data.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, help desk support staff on network security issues.
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of documentation, procedures manuals, and help sheets for network installations, including data, voice, and video systems.
- Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, and maintain current knowledge of plan executables. Respond to emergency network security outages in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Perform network security system backups and recovery
- Work with the InfoSec Team for any new security product POC’s & deployment related to Security Infrastructure
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team as required.
- Work as a backup resource for all Network related support calls
- Work in shifts to provide 2nd level of Network Security Support after business hours/weekends & Public Holidays
- Willing to work extended hours/weekends & holidays during very tight project delivery schedules
5-6 years of relevant experience as a Sr. Network Security Engineer in a large network environment.